TweetyProject is a collection of various Java libraries that implement approaches to different areas of artificial intelligence. In particular, it provides a general interface layer for doing research and working with different knowledge representation formalisms such as classical logics, conditional logics, probabilistic logics, and argumentation. Furthermore, TweetyProject contains libraries for dealing with agents, multi-agent systems, and dialog systems for agents, as well as belief revision, preference reasoning, preference aggregation, and action languages. A series of utility libraries that deal with e.g. mathematical optimization complement the collection.
For technical documentation of using the libraries please have a look at the online JavaDoc API.
All parts of the TweetyProject available on this website are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 (beginning with TweetyProject version 1.6, the versions before are licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3) except when this is noted otherwise. Use and modification of the libraries is encouraged but please give credit by referring to this website. Please note that some libraries make also use of other third-party libraries such as Apache Commons.
This website and TweetyProject are under constant development. In particular, a manual for using TweetyProject and usage examples are in preparation. Please come back frequently to check for updates.
Maven dependency for the complete collection:
If you are only interested in specific libraries please see the Libraries section for the individual dependencies. If you are not a Maven user you can also download JARs in the Downloads section.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new releases
- 02.02.2021: New release TweetyProject 1.19. Changelog:
New libraries: none
- added parser, writer, and inconsistency measurement approaches to the
BPM library (org.tweetyproject.logics.bpm)
- added abstract argumentation synthesizing approach of Niskanen et al.
- added strong equivalence check and independence check capabilities for
abstract argumentation (org.tweetyproject.arg.dung)
- added further optimisation approaches, in particular for combinatorial
optimisation: ant colony search, stochastic search, iterated local search,
binding for Gurobi (org.tweetyproject.math)
- added utility class for analysis performance of inconsistency measures
- added aggregates and optimisation statements to the ASP library
- several improvements and bugfixes in the ADF library
- improved bindings to satisfiability solvers (org.tweetyproject.logics.pl)
- bugfixes in ordering semantics for abstract argumentation
- bugfixes in the ASP library (org.tweetyproject.lp.asp)